Monday, July 6, 2009

What happened in June

If you still read, here's a QUICK recap of our goings-on in June. No pictures, sorry.

1. Aaron turned TWO!! My baby is not so baby-ish anymore. We had a couple of celebrations for him and he got tons of presents. Thank you family!! His favorite? Shoes!!! His least favorite? Superman Cape. He got a bunch of plaid shorts and polo shirts--he is so stylin' with his new duds. He also got his first real haircut (hated it) and now he looks like a little man. My neighbor made this awesome cake that looked like a dinosaur--it was super yummy too.

2. We sold our house and found ourselves a new one. We looked all over the place for "the perfect house" and it turns out that it's just a few miles away. So we are staying in the same town, for now. It's really nice and I love it and I can't wait to move in and show it off. If it all goes well, we'll be in the new house by the end of the month. But I won't say too much now because I don't want to jinx it.

3. We just got home from a family vacation with Than's family. We rented a house in St. George that had a pool and now we all have nice tans. We went to Las Vegas one day to visit some friends, went to the Grand Canyon on another, and just kicked it by the pool the rest of the time. Sara and Aaron loved loved loved the pool! By the end of the vacation, Sara was swimming from end to end (with her life jacket and floaty on). Aaron just wants to jump in and go under water. He's fearless. Totally Scary!!

So June was great. Here's to a fantastic July!!!

9 comments:

Amy said...

Okay I'm freaking out that you didn't take any pics, or did you and you just did't post them. I want to see Aaron at his birthday, I can't believe it, he's 2, wow where does time go? And you're moving??? So fun, if you guys need help, we'd love to pitch in. Glad you had a fun vacation with the fam, they're the best huh?

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

I forgot you were moving for a second--hurray again! Sounds like you had a great month. Summer is crazy, isn't it? Let's hang out in a few months when things settle down. :)

Em said...

What do you mean, no pictures? I saw you with your camera. I can also vouch that Aaron's favorite game of hanging out under water until you grab him and make him come back up is terrifying. Then he comes up, smiles the sweetest grin ever, and does it again.

Holli said...

Congrats on selling your house and finding a new one! I hope it all works out.

Keith and Allie said...

It was so fun seeing you guys and catching up! Thanks for coming to see us! Sara left her clothes here but I will send them to you! We are super excited for you & your new house! Can't wait to visit you next time! :)

Belkycita said...

How fun!!
I can't wait to see pictures of your new home!

Angie said...

Your moving? Wow.. That is so awesome. I hope all goes well for you guys. If you need help, let us know.
Happy Birthday Aaron. He is such a cutie.
Are you guys coming to the family reunion??

Kariann said...

June was a busy month...the vacation was awesome though I totally want to go back!! And I wish I would have got the tan you got!! :) I'm with Emily I heard you say you have 65 pictures on your camera you better post some soon!! haha

Princess Gerty said...

Great to get the update! I'm glad you were able to sell your house and find exactly what you want.