Saturday, January 23, 2010

Excuses and The Rocking Chair

Than has been bugging me for weeks to get a new post on the blog because he's tired of looking at Aaron in a dress. I think it is so funny that he checks the blog at work to see if I've posted anything new. Aww, shucks.

The truth is that I haven't posted anything because it seems like nothing interesting is happening. Since Sara started kindergarten I feel my life is just the same routine everyday and I've fallen into a bit of a rut. I spend the days running errands and cleaning and reading to the kids and cooking and doing laundry and setting up forts in the living room. I guess that's just being a mom and it's nothing to complain about. In fact, I actually really do have a great life and so many things to be thankful for. And I wouldn't trade it for anything. But, I just haven't been taking time to notice the moments that make life super special. Or at least, if I do notice them, I don't record them. So everyday just flows into the next.

And the next thing you know, Christmas and New Years and Thanksgiving and Sara's birthday have all passed and I have no desire to blog about them at all. But at least I've taken pictures. Though, let's be honest, they will be stored on the computer for months, if not years, until I finally decide to get them printed. Oh, I sound like such a slacker. Maybe it's just January blahs?

On a happier note, since we've moved, Sara and Aaron have found a special spot in the house where they love to get their picture taken. It's in my bedroom on this rocking chair that was my mother-in-law's when her kids were itty-bitty. They are always asking me to take their picture on this thing. Usually, when I'm folding laundry on my bed, the kids wander in and that's when the magic happens. So now I present my collection, entitled "The Rocking Chair."







9 comments:

kellebelle said...

You mean you do eventually get around to printing the pictures off your computer? Now there's an idea I'll have to consider. ;)

Cute pictures of the kiddos in the chair. My girls have those same heart pajamas as Sara.

Good to hear from you!

Belkycita said...

You're too funny! I believe taking a break from blogging either small or big is a healthy habit! (or maybe I'm just saying that because I haven't blog much lately and now I'm trying to catch up with last year's posts)

Those pictures are too cute! I think my favorite is that one of Sarah with the stuff animal on her head and Arron looking at her like "what is she doing?!"

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

First: glad you're back!
Second: Look at Aaron's blondeness!
Third: Where do you get all of Aaron's cute clothes? I feel like the boys clothes I see are constantly covered in something obnoxious or in some garish, offensive color combination. Help!

Keith and Allie said...

Taking pictures in the same spot is actually a really cute idea. My sister took a picture of her baby every month in the same chair and it was fun to look back and see how big he was getting! Your kids are getting so big and adorable!

I might have a cure for your January blah! I'm coming to Utah with just Jack for a weekend and would love to come visit and see your new house! I'll email you the details soon! Take care!

Em said...

What do you mean you have nothing to blog about? How about your decorated new house? How about the fact that Aaron is a genius and can sight read words at the age of 2? How about Sara being a genius and outsmarting all of the adults including aunts that babysit? I've got more. Just let me know when you need topics.

Leslie said...

I feel like I get into a rut with blogging too! Either I have nothing new or funny to post about so I don't, or I have a whole bunch of things happen at once and I don't have time to blog. Then, playing catchup sounds so tedious that I don't bother to blog then either!
Your kids are so cute! I can't get over how light Aaron's hair is! I like the idea of taking pictures in the same place so you can track how much they are growing.

Amy said...

Veena, it was so great to see you the other day and your house is absolutely amazing. I know, January gets me in the blahs a little too, can't wait until spring. Darling pics of the kids, they are so dang precious!

Princess Gerty said...

Thanks for the update. I love the pictures! You are so cute and wonderful thanks for letting us into a little part of your joyful, "mundane" life! I will keep you in my prayers to come out of the Blahs! (you can always visit sunny Arizona!)

Unknown said...

Number 9!!!!!