Saturday, January 22, 2011

Monster Madness

The thought of doing a Christmas post is weighing on me like a ton of bricks. I think I have to write about Christmas before I can write about anything else. Well, forget about it!! I'm not gonna write ANYTHING about Christmas and I'm not gonna share even ONE picture from December. Wow, that feels good!

Here's what I want to write about: MONSTER TRUCKS!!!!

One evening Than and I were watching TV and we saw a commercial for the monster truck show. Well, Aaron just loves his little cars and monster trucks so we thought that this would be a blast for him. Sara hates loud noises so we thought she would not be so happy about the adventure, but just maybe she would have some fun. So we bought some tickets and set out for our big day. We brought earplugs but we were still woefully unprepared for the level of loudness at this thing! Sara was scared at first and had to sit on my lap with earplugs in and my hands over her ears, but she really got into it.  She was cheering at the top of her lungs for her favorite truck, Rockstar.  Aaron loved it all! It was cool to see these big loud trucks smash cars and stuff. We had a really great time, but maybe this is an event to participate in once every 5 years? Every 10 years? We'll see. If we ever go again, we're gonna need those big earmuffs that they use at airports for the people who are outside with the planes.

A little truck stuck in the mud.

Some nice lady let Aaron wear her earmuffs cuz he wouldn't keep his earplugs in.

Sara's number 1!!!!

This is her favorite pose of the moment.

Blue lips

This place is LOUD!!!

5 comments:

Neela said...

I'm so proud of Sara for sticking it out! I think you guys should go every year. Think of it as a cultural experience. Like belly dancing. Except for the sounds, sights,and smells. Yup. Definitely go every year.

Keith and Allie said...

That is hilarious! I just don't picture you guys as "Monster Truck" people! Good times!

Leslie said...

What a fun trip for the kids! I'm sure it will be an experience they always remember!

Em said...

Not only should you go every year, but you should go all out every year. I'm thinking...mullets!

Granny M said...

Invest in some swanky earmuffs for everyone in the fam and GO! You guys are great parents and have great kids. Vaaarooom, Vaaaroom!!!