Thursday, June 30, 2011

We Went On A Hike

Last weekend we had a great time going camping. It was just a short trip (2 nights) but tons of fun. This year we have decided to be a serious camping family and planned 6 trips. Six camping trips in one summer? Yikes! I am still getting used to the whole camping thing and hopefully next time we will be more efficient with our planning and packing.

The only time I thought to take out the camera was on our hike. Silly!

We saw this really neat-o tree that had grown sideways for a little bit. It was the perfect photo spot for the kiddos.


And for the grown-ups too!


It was no suprise that Aaron's legs got tired and he needed a little ride from Dad. This happens all the time and it wears Than out but I love to look at my guys like this. Is there anything more precious than a dad giving a kid a shoulder ride?


We saw so many different kinds of wild flowers on the hike. Sara made herself right at home in the middle of a bunch of pretty yellow flowers.


And then it was time for a family photo. Maybe next time Than should hold the seven-year-old and I'll hold the four-year-old!


The perfect way to end the hike was with kisses for dad!

5 comments:

Neela said...

Such cute pics! What a cute, happy family.

kellebelle said...

Yay! Looks like fun! I'm hoping we can get out camping soon, too, but I guarantee we won't make it six times -- go you!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh I miss your updates, and I have to admit, pretty impressed by the whole 6 camping trips planned. I always think I'm doing pretty good when I have 3 or 4, but 6, you GO girl!! Can't wait to see you guys at the reunion, I'm assuming that one of those camping trips is for that right??? I hope!!!

Em said...

Yay for blog updates! It looks like a fun summer!

Keith and Allie said...

Your family is adorable! You are a super mom for going camping so much (& enjoying it!) It was fun seeing you guys the other day! We'll have to plan a Raging Waters playdate soon!