Monday, December 5, 2011

Halloweenie

Is it just me or is this year flying by like nobody's business??? So here I am in December, trying my hardest to remember all of our Halloween festivities. Good thing there are pictures to remind us.

We got our pumpkins from our Church farm. Each year our ward gets a little piece of land to farm on. The primary always plants pumkin seeds and we get to go in October and pick our own pumpkins. When it came time to carve them, Aaron decided he wanted a Lightning McQueen on his. Than searched the internet and found a picture that someone else did. He free-hand drew it and I think it turned out awesome. Sara wanted me to make her a kitty. You'll see our masterpieces a little further down.



We had a real hard time picking out our costumes this year. Sara couldn't make up her mind, Aaron couldn't make up his, and I couldn't make up mine either! Sara didn't want to be anything "cute" this year. She finally settled on being a "Monster Cheerleeder." Aaron was a BYU football player.


Here's Sara at her school Halloween parade.


Getting ready to trick-or-treat.






Here's how awesome the pumpkins looked in the dark.


Back at home, enjoying all the loot.


2 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

So fun! I love reminiscing (sp?) about Halloween in December! :) Your pumpkins are awesome! I abosolutely hate carving and always make it as simple as possible but I'll have to pump up my game for next year! Love the monster cheerleader, I think it's so sad when they stop wanting to be anything "cute"! Your kids are sure growing up! We should play sometime before or after the holidays! R u guys busy?

Keith and Allie said...

BTW Aaron sure is brave to be a BYU player this year! I was trying to think of some witty comment about him and the "red" cheerleader but couldn't come up with anything! Probably because our team choked this year too!(insert sarcastic comment here)