Friday, March 21, 2008

My First Post


Since it seems like everyone is doing it, I thought I'd join in too and become a blogger. We'll see how it goes.

Today Sara came home from preschool and was all excited about Easter egg hunts, so I thought it was about time that I explained to her the real reason we celebrate Easter. I told her that Easter is about Jesus and when He was resurrected. Then I told her that Easter egg hunts and baskets and bunnies are more to do with the fact that Spring is here. I think I just confused her, but hopefully it will stick soon. I always struggle with what is the best way to celebrate Easter and Christmas. I guess that's why The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. So, anyway, back to Spring, Sara didn't believe me that it really is Springtime because there are no little leaves on the trees and no little flowers. Later, we went outside to play and lo and behold, we spied these little babies in one of our flower beds. I forgot how cute they are. They are only 4 inches from top to bottom, but they really stand out against all the brownness surrounding them. Now I can't wait for the tulips to show up.

Here's some extra-cute pics of our sweet girl.



Sara's new favorite pose.

6 comments:

amy said...

hooray veena!
i'm a jerk, and i know it. i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosorry i haven't called you back in what, 2 months?! really, i don't know how i can show my face to anyone.
but the blog is greeeat! i'm so happy to be able to see your cutest babies and know whats going on. i love you and i promise i'll call you!!!!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Hurray! I love what you've done with the place! Nice new background and other sundry changes. You are a blog wizard already--stop making your life cuter than mine! :)

So good to see you yesterday. Let's get serious about hanging out more often--I feel like we just scratched the surface of chatting yesterday. :)

AOlson said...

What's up Veena! It's good to hear from you. I could totally hear your voice in your stories; a lot of fun. Looks like you have a great, fun family. Take care.
Lars
Here is our blog if you so desire - http://olsonfamily3.blogspot.com/

Traci said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Iam so glad that you decided to join us! I love the pictures of Sara and the pose she is pulling. I cannot wait to see your other posts!!

Princess Gerty said...

Yay! Veena! I have a cool basket of plastic Easter Eggs with symbols of Christ's Suffering, death, and resurrection in them. My kids love it and really learn. Alas, my 4 year old still thinks Easter is all about candy!

Amy said...

Veena,
Woo Hoo, you've joined us fellow bloggers, now I can keep up with your sweet adorable kids. Love the pics of Sara, and seriously what the heck is up with the giant size wasp nest, WOWZERS. Glad nobody got hurt from that. I will add you to our fam. Hang in there.