Wednesday, March 26, 2008

An unwelcome suprise

Can you see it? Something trying to hide amongst the leaves? Something that YOU wouldn't want to find on the side of your house, right next to your front porch?


Yesterday, my sis and I were working in my yard, cutting back my rosebushes. I was in the midst of cursing myself for planting such beastly bushes when I turned behind me and caught a glimpse of something terrifying (to me, at least). There, tangled in my honeysuckle, was the most ginormous wasps' nest I ever saw. I freaked. We went inside because we didn't want to upset anything that might be living there. Lucky me that I have the best bro-in-law in the world who came over and took care of the thing for me. He sprayed it with some wasp killer stuff and then cut the nest out of my vine. He busted the thing open on the sidewalk and we found that the wasps had vacated their home awhile back. Phew! But isn't that the coolest thing ever? It was huge! The photos don't do it justice. It was literally the size of a basketball. My sister said, to her, it looked like Voldemort on the back of Quirrell's head for those of you Harry Potter fans.

8 comments:

cHeRi" said...

OH MY GOSH VEENA!! THAT IS INSAIN!!! IT'S A GOOD THING YOU FOUND THAT, AND TOSSED IT! CRAZY!! HEY IM BLOGGIN NOW TOO! IT'S www.jayyree.blogspot.com!! I'M SO GLAD YOUR ONE NOW TOO! IM STILL TRYIN TO FIGURE IT ALL OUT!

Traci said...

Gross! I would have freaked out. I do not do well with wasps or any kind of bug for that matter!

kellebelle said...

um, yeah... SO wouldn't want to run across that! pretty crazy!

jain said...

omg. that is so crazy, its like i've heard about it before. yeah, that 80's dudey is awesomse (i'm glad he's my dad).

Princess Gerty said...

Wow. That is fascinating but really scarey!

k.young said...

That is sick! I hate most bugs, but especially ones that can fly! I am so excited that you have a blog. Check ours out, if you want!

amy said...

um veena, i would have FLIPPED OUT!!! but it is cool since it's been vacated - don't you wonder how you missed it and all the wasps last year? lucky lucky girl!

that 80's dudey is a rock star - i wish i lived near him too!

Leslie said...

That is crazy! Definitely like Voldemort's head! Welcome to blogging. Sara is so cute. Our blog is mattandleslie.blogspot.com if you want to check us out.