Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Guess It's Time For A New Post

I am a serious blog slacker. My sweet hubby keeps on getting on my case for not updating the blog so maybe we should become one of those couples who share blogging duties. But I don't think he'll go for it. He's really not the "let's tell everyone all our business on the internet" type of guy. Yet, he likes that I started this thing and he likes reading what I write and he likes reading all your comments. In fact, sometimes he comes home and tells me, "You're up to 7 comments today." Oh, he's so cute!!

So what's our business today? Well, sometime in November Sara turned 5. If I were a better mom I might have posted all about it much closer to the exact date, but here goes.

This was the first year that we had a "friend" party. Sara wanted to have a fairies party and she wanted to invite some of her friends that are boys. So I had a little dilemma because fairies and boys don't really go together. In the end, we ended up having a "Frogs and Fairies" party. We played pin the wand on the fairy, leapfrog, and a hot-potato like game using a froggy beanbag. We ate yummy cupcakes from the local bakery (because cupcake making is not my thing) and I'm still craving them today. Sara opened her presents and then I put fairy dust on the girls cheeks and a frog sticker on the boy's. Oh yeah, only 1 boy showed so he was the frog surrounded by many fairies. When we finished all that, we still had about 20 minutes left so the kids wanted to watch TV. They watched "Blue's Clues" and played in our basement. Is that horrible? Next time, I will know better what to plan on and maybe we'll head to Chuck-E-Cheese.


Sara's real birthday fell in the middle of the week so I took her and Aaron to the zoo that day. The weather was beautiful and there was hardly anyone there. It was perfect. I'd go to the zoo everyday if it were like that. Well, maybe not everyday ...

That night we had a family party for her where she got her real cake and opened more presents. All in all, I think she'll remember her 5th birthday as a good one.


7 comments:

The Tolberts said...

Hey Veena! I can't believe that Sara is 5. Time has flown by. She is so cute! Your so creative to think of a frogs and fairies party. I bet she will remember that forever! We miss you guys and our neighborhood. Hope all is well!

Korine said...

Way to update Veena. Cute post! I love that first picture of Sarah with tink behind her. Adorable. Hope we don't have to wait til January for a Dec. post! hehe!

Keith and Allie said...

Happy Birthday Sara! I remember coming to see you after you were born. You were the tiniest baby with the most black hair I had ever seen! You were gorgeous! Golly time flies doesn't it? Hannah will be 5 next month too! I wish you could come to her birthday party! We miss you guys....we'll have to come visit over Christmas...will you be around?

Amy said...

LOve the pics of Sara, happy birthday to the little cutie pie. Love that you had a fairy party, darling! Way to update.

Angie said...

Sara is such a cutie! It looks like she had a great birthday!
Good to see you blogging again.. I miss reading your posts!

kellebelle said...

Well, no criticism from ME on not blogging... sometimes it just can't take front seat! But I'm glad you posted about Sarah's birthday--so fun! Frogs and fairies was such a good party solution. I bet she loved it. Good mommy! :)

Kariann said...

Cute Fairy outfit!! She is so cute!! I seriously love the staged picture face! It cracks me up!!