Tuesday, December 30, 2008
6 years ago
Today marks 6 years since our baby Sam was born. He was born on December 30th 2002 and passed away January 9th 2003. It always makes Christmas a bittersweet time of the year. We are always so happy and excited for Christmas and then 5 days later we have a special day that is not always the happiest, but it is time we spend together and remember our baby. Today we bought 6 balloons and took them to the cemetery and let them go into the sky. It was so interesting; they first blew to the North and up high, high, high. And then the wind shifted and they blew right to the South, flew over our heads, and we lost sight of them as they disappeared into the sun. After we left the cemetery, in the car Sara said, "I know that Sam brought you lots of happiness and joy when he was born and when he comes back he will bring happiness and joy to our whole family." Tears welled up in my eyes. I can't believe how sweet and just right-on she can be about stuff like that. Every time we go to the cemetery she wants to say a prayer and it is always so special. We decided this year to celebrate Sam's birthday as a birthday and went to Chuck-E-Cheese's. Sara and Aaron had so much fun. Than won us a whole bunch of tickets so Aaron got a little football and Sara got a lipgloss set in a purse. This year, December 30th has been a good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
wow, I never knew that happened. Thank you so much for sharing that!
Oh, dear, I almost cried reading this post! I love Sara's comment. It's amazing how insightful children are. I think it's so wonderful that you spent the day celebrating and I'm so glad that it was a good day.
Thank you for sharing your sweet moment! My little sister passed at this time of year as well- purple balloons have special meaning to us. We love you so much!
I don't know if I ever told you this, but I was doing my pediatric rotation in nursing school when Sam was born, and I was actually in the NICU one of the days when he was there, but I wasn't his nurse.
Thanks for sharing. I think the things you are doing to remember him are wonderful ideas.
Hey Veena. I am in tears right now, I didn't even know that you had lost a baby. I can't even imagine how hard it is, but I'm sure that it makes you so grateful of the knowledge that we have of the gospel and that our families will be together forever! Thank you for sharing. Sara is so sweet!
What a great way to celebrate your sweet baby.
I love that you celebrate him, Veena. That is so sweet. What a great way to enjoy your sweet Sam.
Oh Veena, my heart goes out to you guys. You are such amazing parents to have such a strong spirit come to live for just a short time. Sara said it just like it is, I love that baout kids. Thankyou so much for sharing your amazing story. You guys truly are such strong and amazing people yourself. HOpe your holidays were good. Sure do love you guys.
What a special day! I'm sure it's comforting to remember you'll get a chance to raise him in the millenium. That will be a very exciting time for your family! We had a great time seeing you guys over Christmas! We miss living in such a great neighborhood with such great neighbors!
I loved that you shared that. It made me cry! :) I really look up to your guys for your strength as parents!
I love this post, Veena. I didn't realize it had been six years! I love the way that you take the time to remember him as a family--and I think Sara is right! :)
Very touching.
I am so glad to know you.
Oh Veena! I am crying for sorrow and for joy for you. I also did not realize it has already been six years. I can't imagine the pain you have gone through, but my heart aches for you and your family. I am also so happy that you had a fun birthday party with the other kids and had a day of joy. May God continue to bless you with strength and peace. You are so awesome!
veena, i totally cried when i read this! i had no idea you did this! ah, tears again! i need your permission to write a story on this - its so tender!
Post a Comment