In the spirit of Valentines day I've been feeling a little mushy and suddenly have a strong desire to proclaim my love for my husband loud and clear. So if you don't want to know how awesome my man is stop reading NOW.
Than works so hard for us. He worked full time and went to school full time so he could have a good job and provide for us and so that I don't have to work unless I want to. Lately he's been working 55 to 60 hours/week and he has to drive almost 1 hour to and from work. And now his new calling has him at the Church all day on Sunday. So when he gets home he is spent, but he doesn't care if there is no dinner, the house is a mess, and all I want to do is get in the bath. He'll make dinner, put the kids to bed, and then start some laundry because, of course, I have no clean underwear for him.

He is such a sweetheart. When we get in arguments or "serious discussions" I always start to cry and he never gets frustrated with me. Well, he may get frustrated but he never shows it. He always treats me with love and respect and never would do anything intentionally to hurt my feelings. He calls me everyday to check on me and tell me he loves me. He always checks with me to make sure it's OK before he makes any plans to play golf or anything else. He never complains when I want to go out and do my own thing and he has to watch the kids.
He agreed with me when I wanted to get a cat, even though he's allergic. And then he cleaned the litter box all the time because I was pregnant and couldn't do it myself. Well, it's been 2 1/2 years since we got the cat and I've never had to change the litter once.
He makes me laugh. We have this joke that on our second date he was being really funny and all I would give him is sympathy laughs. I just think I was nervous. But now, everyday he has me roaring with laughter. He knows just what to say to cheer me up when I'm in a foul mood.
He puts the kids to bed more than his share of the time. He is a great dad and truly enjoys spending time with Sara and Aaron. He reads Sara bedtime stories every night. He plays with both of them for hours on the living room floor. He'll always play Sara's pretend games with her. He teaches Sara how to dribble the basketball in the garage. He builds block towers with Aaron. He only has 2 hours with them everyday between when he gets home and bedtime and he really tries to do as much as he can with them during that time.
I love Than so much. He is my best friend. He is my shoulder to cry on. He always makes me feel pretty. He tells me how much he loves me. In my opinion, he's the best dad in the world. And he's the best man for me.
12 comments:
What a wonderful tribute to your good husband. He has his match in you. Love all the cute pictures of you guys.
Wow, Veena! Nice quilt!
Sweet post, too :)
how sweet of you! He is so lucky to have someone that sees all the wonderful things in him.
Very sweet! Nice husbands are the best.
Than, I see you in a new light. Not that I didn't think you were great to begin with :). Veena, that was soooooo adorable. I loved it.
AND he's a great brother too!
Oh Than!! You sound like a keeper! (You were a pretty good neighbor too....minus the 2:00 am hammering!)
That was really nice. And now I like Than even more. So one day, I will maybe talk to him in person. :)
Okay so seriously as I have tears in my eyes, that was so awesome Veena!!! You guys are so great together and yes I would say that Than is one GREAT guy!!
He's definitely a keeper! :)
You guys are so awesome. I will never forget the first time I met both of you, it was at your wedding reception. I thought you guys were the cutest!
Great post!!
This was so sweet to read! I love it! I am so happy such a great man is taking care of my friend the way she deserves!
Post a Comment