It's the end of the month and I bet everyone is tired of looking at my toilet, so here I sit, trying to muster up something interesting to write about. January has given me a major case of the blahs so I haven't been taking pictures or doing that much fun stuff. I guess if I tried to do more fun stuff in January, I might not feel so blah-ish.
Aaron's been starting to say a few words these days. He started back in December with his first word being "shoes" (but it really sounds like "shiz"). He loves to get people their shoes and is always so excited to get his on. It's the funniest thing how he gets so dang excited by shoes.
Other words he says are: mom, uh-oh, and uh (for up). Sara is convinced that he says "sis" but I'm not quite sure about that one. Even though he only says a few words, he understands so much. If I ask if he needs his diaper changed, he starts grabbing himself (if you know what I mean) and then walks to his room and changing table. Yesterday, my sister was here visiting and we started talking about how Aaron is not doing well in nursery. We talked about things I could do and I shared how since we started trying to take him to nursery, he doesn't like being left with anyone, even family. Soon it was time to pick Sara up from preschool and Aaron started freaking out. He knew we were talking about leaving him and his reaction was to cling to my leg. He finally calmed down after he had his coat and shoes on and I had mine on too--then he knew we were both going somewhere together.
Sara's been saying some interesting stuff too. The other day she told me, "Mom, if you are tired of your credit card debt, you can talk to a professional in 5 minutes." She has also asked, "Are you sick of scrubbing and scrubbing the toilet?" When she watches TV these days, I think she picks up more from the commercials than the "educational" shows I try to put on. Maybe we should just go back to PBS.
11 comments:
That is fun that Aaron is talking more and more.
And Sara, what a crack up? That is pretty funny.
I find it funny when Gannon starts to sing jingles from commercials. That is why we have gone back to PBS!
Gotta love TV, Although on PBS kids they start singing "Chuck E cheeses where a kid can be a kid". Also on the note of the toilet, our toilet was clogged and we had to get a plumber they found a pen and a leapfrog letter that had been flushed down.
I don't usually laugh out loud, but your comments about Sara made me chuckle. So funny! And I think Aaron's just going to be advanced when it comes to his Book of Mormon studies... he's already got the name "Shiz" down.
Veena, is Aaron seriously old enough to talk already, WOW!!!! I can't believe it. Just wait, everyday there will be another word added to the list. It was good to see you the other night at Ruby River, aren't date nights such a needed thing??? See you at Bunco in a couple of weeks, woo hoo!
Nursery can be so hard! Hopefully, like everything, it will just be a phase that will SUCK, but one day end. :) Good luck. If it makes you feel better--Taj was like that, but he's not now! :)
Joe and I had a really good laugh about Sara's credit card debt comment! She is hilarious!! Aaron is my kinda guy!! Loves his shoes!! ;) Your kids are so cute!!
Jeff and I cracked up about Sara too. He said he hopes our kids say funny stuff like that.
So what's her answer for cleaning toilets, maybe I could use the tip?
That is way too funny! Sara is hilarious.
Hey we are going over in April for BYU graduation, we really want to see you all when we go.
There's this kid channel qubo, It has infomercials instead of traditional, and Jaden writes down EVERY number and the description because she is convinced we need the product. PBS is def. the way to go.
It was fun to read an update girl. Although, it did make me smile every time I saw your toilet!
You make me laugh! Okay, your kids make me laugh. Thanks for the update, I love it!
Post a Comment