Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Foodie Thoughts

Yesterday I was having a snack of chocolate covered pretzels after lunch. YUMMY!! One of my most very favorite things. Aaron wanted one so I gave him one. He then proceeded to hold it in his hand until all the chocolate melted off and then ate it. And he was left with palms full of chocolate.

Last night we had fish sticks and fries for dinner. It was Sara's first time eating fish sticks and she actually liked them. It was a big surprise because she is the pickiest eater I have ever known. Later, when she said her prayer before bed, she said, "Please help us so our house will not stink."

Today I went out to lunch with my sister. We decided to try out the new Rubio's. It was good eats, but crazy busy because it just opened. I was given a little bowl of black beans with my fish tacos and I gave it to Aaron with a spoon. He loves beans and he loves feeding himself with a spoon. But this time, he gave up on the spoon and used his fingers until he realized that it was easier to just drink the beans. When he was finished he looked like he had a mustache and beard. He even had some on the bridge of his nose. The ladies sitting next to us couldn't get enough of him. Why don't I take my camera with me everywhere I go?

9 comments:

Em said...

I love watching Aaron eat. To him, it is serious business. No messing around.

Korine said...

Hahahaha! I love the fish prayer! And ya, why don't you start taking your camera with you everywhere you go. :)

Belkycita said...

How funny! Although do me a favor, well maybe two.
first, do not waste the chocolate pretzel on someone that does not want chocolate, get him a plain one :-)
second, do take more pictures please!!!
I haven't had chocolate in a week due to a tummy ache :-(

k.young said...

Those are cute stories! Keelia loves beans too! Especially black beans!

Kariann said...

The fish prayer made me laugh!! She is so funny!! Aaron takes after Joe, he will eat just about anything and while doing so find the most efficient way to scarf it down! :)Must be the birthday in common or something? ;)

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

I LOVE RUBIOS. Next time, take me! But my kids won't eat the beans. Just chips. And maybe the fish taco minus the taco. :) And really, let's hang out soon. Next week?

Token Asian Friend said...

Veena...you have an iPhone...you don't need a camera.

Amy said...

How funny that Sara said to not have your house stink, she is the best! So I hear Rubio's fish tacos are soooo good, can't wait to try them. And YES would you PLEASE take your camera!

Leslie said...

What kid doesn't like chocolate? And scarfs down beans? Wow. That's awesome.
I can't get over the fish prayer. Did you have a hard time not laughing while she was saying it?