- We started off the month "trying" to watch General Conference, or Jennifer Conference, as Sara likes to call it. We told Sara all about King Benjamin and how the people listened to him while sitting in their tents and then I made the most beautiful blanket-and-chair-tent that there ever was. Sara and Aaron had snacks and toys and blankets in the tent and loved it for about 15 minutes. But, by golly, that thing had to stay up in the middle of our living room for 2 days!!! It was just to magnificent to take down.
- Easter was fun. We had a big family dinner at my mom's. The kids loved their Easter baskets. They each got a couple stuffed animals and bubbles. Sara got a bunch of hair bows and Aaron got a hat (which is now lost). We had many, many different egg hunts. One at my sister's, one at home, and a neighborhood BBQ/Easter egg hunt. And lots of playing with the eggs around the house. We use the plastic ones and fill them with candy. Don't go thinking we play with hard boiled eggs all the time. Guess who is still eating all the candy? Every time I have some I think, "stealing candy from a baby sure is fun."
- Last week we went to the zoo. I didn't have my camera with me, but I did have my phone so now I do have some pictures to share. Than was going to dinner and the Jazz game after work, so we met up with him for some lunch at Greek Slouvaki (YUMMY!!). Then I headed off to the zoo with the kids. We have a membership, so we usually only stay for 1 to 1.5 hours. This time we got there at 1:00 and didn't leave until 4:30 and had so much fun! Sara got pooped-out in the middle, but we stopped for ice cream and then she was ready to go again.

Aaron sitting in his stroller with his blankie.
Sara sitting on Rhino.
We had to ride the train before we left. I know their faces are cut off, but I just love how happy they both look.
And of course, playing with the ball.- One day we went to KFC for lunch with my sister. Sara wanted butter for her biscuit, but I couldn't get if for her and neither could my sister, so we told her to ask one of the cashiers. She hesitated for a moment, and then she did it. Now she has no fear of store workers. We went to the mall to buy some baby clothes for my friend and her new baby girl and Sara made friends with the workers. She told them why we were there and started looking for clothes for herself. She then asked them to help her find size 5 clothes. The best was when she found a dress and asked them to help her find leggings to match. And then today we went to Walmart, where she bought some bubbles with her own money and paid the cashier by herself. She exclaimed, "Mom, I got my first receipt!!!!" Oh, what have I done to my daughter?
10 comments:
Oh my gosh, I love that little girl. I just really see myself in her, you know? I can't wait to take her shopping.
Wonderful. That refers to you posting in general, the fort in your living room, the ease of stealing candy from babies, and Sara's already profound shopping skills. Wait until she learns about layaway!
I love the tent idea. I might have to steal it;) Don't feel bad about the candy, I am amazed you still have any. Ours was all gone within 3 days. The kids look like they are having a great time at the zoo. How fun. And Sara is already shopping? Wow. Kids grow up so fast.
seriously veena, there never have been nor ever will be again kids as cute as yours! can't wait to play this summer!
I can't stop laughing!!!
I gotta go shopping with that girl!
Sara is at the perfect age to always keep you laughing. She sounds like she's a character.
That is hilarious! Hannah loves to ask for stuff too! She always asks for those mini spoons when we go to Baskin Robbins! I've decided I can't take her clothes shopping either...she has to much of an opinion!
Love the pics, I can't believe how much Aaron has grown, wowzers. Looks like a fun month.
Sara seriously cracks me up!!! She always has something to say and 90% is hilarious!! :) BTW, SO cute that Aaron says "Gama" now!! I heard it the other night and thought it was so cute!!
Yay! Thanks for the fun post!
Post a Comment