Saturday, October 30, 2010

A long time ago school started ...

Waaaaaay back in August Sara started 1st grade!!!! When did she get so OLD? When did I get so old?


Sara wanted a pair of Sketchers "Twinkle Toes" shoes soooooo bad for months and months. I'm not one to normally fork over mega $$$$ for kids shoes, but this time we made an exception. She had been working on learning to tie her shoes for awhile, but wasn't really motivated. So we bribed her: "Learn how to tie your shoes by yourself all the time and then we'll buy you some twinkle toes." Now she knows how to tie them, but they have no laces. Silly us!!

 A few weeks later, Aaron started preschool. We are doing a sort of neighborhood, co-op preschool where we rotate who gets to teach and host the kids. He goes once a week and is loving it! The first time he cried when I left him and I felt HORRIBLE. But he stopped crying as soon as I left. Kids sure know how to make their parents feel bad.

Of course, he remembered that we took a picture of Sara's feet on her first day of school, and we HAD to get a picture of his shoes.

6 comments:

Jen said...

your kids are SO cute!

Keith and Allie said...

What is up with Twinkle Toes? Hannah is really into them too and when Keith bought her a pair and told me how much he spend, I felt sick. As a rule I don't spend more than $20 on anything!! I much prefer Aaron's flip flops!

Your kids are so big and beautiful! Hope you had a fun Halloween! Can't wait to see you soon! (Wish is was sooner!)

Belkycita said...

So cute!
Isn't it funny when you try and "teach" your kids something, there is always an "OOPS!" moment after!

Aaron's smile is KILLING me!!!
he is just too adorable.

Leslie said...

Sara and Aaron both look so grown-up! I love the bribe idea. We are trying to Tommy to tie his shoes...maybe a bribe will be enough motivation...

Neela said...

As always, they are so cute. I just want to squish Aaron's cheeks. Every time I see him I want to squish them but he's waaay to old for that kind of nonsense.

Em said...

I can't believe how old Sara looks, and Aaron with his spiky hair is too adorable for words.