Saturday, April 19, 2008

Tulip Festival?

We've been going to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point for the past 3 years. I guess it has become a fun little tradition. Sara and I (and now Aaron too) go with my sister and her kids and we usually have a good time. Maybe that's not really true. Last year, when I was 6 months pregnant I thought that Sara could handle the very long walk and decided not to bring my stroller. Well, she could handle the walking, but she could not resist the beautiful flowers. After being warned, she continued to pick them and the only thing I could do about it was carry her, a screaming 3-year-old, a half of a mile back to the car. So I guess that wasn't a good time. But the flowers have always been beautiful.

This year we've had a long winter, but I thought that if they were advertising for their tulip festival, there must be tulips. Boy, was I wrong. Sure, there was one here or there, but nothing substantial. It pretty much looked like what's going on in my yard. Therefore, I have no pictures to commemerate the event. So why am I writing about this? I guess I just want to put down in words how I wasted money this week. Sara also revealed her disappointment by asking, "Why was there no dancing?" Turns out she thought the tulip festival should include dancing tulips.

5 comments:

k.young said...

That is hilarious about the dancing tulips. She is precious.
About the whole early bed time thing...How did you get her to sleep? Did you just lay her down and she fell asleep right away? Or was it just easier to put her down because you gave her an earlier bedtime?

Jen said...

You'll have to post pictures of your tulips at very least. I love tulips!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Hey! We went to the "Tulip Festival" too--and I also thought it should be in quotation marks because, what?! Luckily, I was renewing my TP pass anyway, so it wasn't a complete bust. I decided to get a full park pass again, and this time I actually intend to go for picnics and things in the gardens, so I hope you want to go with us sometimes!

Amy said...

Thanks for the heads up. I wanted to go this year, but because we went out of town we didn't end up going. Maybe that was a good thing. I'm dissapointed with Thanksgiving Point then because they usually do a great job, I guess because it has just been so dang cold they couldn't grow. I'm sure there will be beautiful flowers in no time, let's hope.

Traci said...

That is way disappointing! I would have at least expected one dancing tulip!!