Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Midnight Musings

Right now it is late at night--minutes until midnight. This is so rare for me. I have never been a night person or a morning person because I love sleep so much. But tonight I was working on a project while Than was watching the Jazz game and before I knew it, it was 11:30 and we were just going to bed. I laid there tossing and turning with my mind racing and so here I am.

I was looking through pictures on my computer and came across some of itty-bitty Aaron. I could look at those pictures for hours. It is hard to believe that he used to be so small. And now, all of a sudden he's huge. Ten months old, full of grins and giggles. He doesn't even look like the same baby to me. Today, for the first time he got up on his hands and knees and, for a second, it looked like he was going to do something. Then he plopped back down on the ground, but I think he might be on his way to crawling soon. Now, that I've put it down in words, crawling probably won't happen for a few more months. He's doing really good at holding himself up with his hands while he lays on his tummy. He scoots backwards a lot and can maneuver himself around in a complete circle, so he just needs to get the forwards thing down. He's so different than Sara was as a baby. Once she could roll over both ways she would roll herself anywhere she wanted. One time she followed my down the hall, rolling the whole way. Not Aaron. He can roll anyway he wants to, but he doesn't use it for getting places. Rolling is more like just a fun thing to do while he's on the floor. He's so laid back--I love it. Look at those chubby cheeks--I can't get enough of them. I'm always kissing and squeezing them. I want him to stay so squishable, but I know if he does I'd be squeezing his cheeks his whole life and he wouldn't like that.

By the way, he's eating a strawberry in that contraption and loving it. Then again, this kid hasn't yet met a food he didn't like.

3 comments:

Angie said...

He is so little in that first picture.. I love looking through old pics of my kids.. They are all getting so big now.. :(
I miss the little baby stage when all they did was lay in your arms and not scream at you..
About this midnight musing.. I have found myself up late at night and early to rise to check my blog and everyone elses.. I'm glad I am not the only one..

k.young said...

I love this post! Thanks for sharing. It is sad when they grow up, but so fun, too! Aaron is such a handsome little boy. :)

Amy said...

Wow those eyes!!! What a cute little man you have, and how great that he is laid back, woo hoo for you. I know the whole midnight browsing, it gets a little addicting doesn't it? See you tomorrow, yeah!