Seems like everyone is posting about Halloween, so I guess I should too. A couple of weeks ago I was feeling like we don't go out and do enough fun stuff together, I mean just me and the kids. So I took the kids to "Pumpkinland" and we had a great time. Aaron was very sleepy, but he was a trooper. Sara thought it was the best thing ever. We found our way through the corn maze, she got to play on the bouncy slide and in the bounce-house, we played at the regular park, and went through the "light" alley. Then we picked out our pumpkins. Or rather, Sara picked out a pumpkin for me, Than, her, Aaron, and our cat Bronco. And she picked them out by size so Aaron's was the smallest and Than's was the biggest. Somehow she thinks that our cat is bigger than both her and Aaron. He is a big cat, but not that big. Sara loved her pumpkin so much that she wanted to sleep with it when we went home.
Aaron thinks that getting his picture taken is serious business.A few days later we went to a Halloween party. Sara wanted to dress up as a kitty so I bought some face paint and make-up stuff. We were in a big hurry that night so I left everything out in her bathroom. The next morning was Saturday so Than was being his sweet self and let me sleep in. I guess that Sara was being exceptionally quiet for a long time and when Than went to check on her, he found her in the bathroom, all dolled-up. It looked like she put pink and purple war paint all over her face.
Ain't she a beauty?Like I said before, Sara absolutely loved her pumpkin. We've never actually carved pumpkins as a family, but I thought that we'd give it a try this year. Well, Sara wanted none of that!!! How could we possibly cut the pumpkin that she adored so much? So we let her paint it and we left the others on the front porch as-is.
What a masterpiece!!And now to the big day!!! Sara got to dress-up for preschool and they had a little Halloween party. They had a parade through the halls and she even got candy from all the kids in her class. Our plan for the evening was for Than to take the kids out Trick-or-Treating and for me to hang back and pass out the candy. But Aaron's been feeling miserable because he's got another ear infection. I hadn't yet taken a picture of both kids in the costumes, so I got Aaron all dressed up just for a few pictures. He wasn't having any of it. He screamed and screamed, but I had to get a picture, right? Anyway, Aaron stayed home with me and we made chilli and cornbread with honeybutter (our Halloween tradition). Also, Aaron had his first lollipop so the evening wasn't a total bust for him.
Than and Sara went trick-or-treating with Sara's friend Josie and her Dad. They got too much candy from everyone and hot chocolate from the Mackay's and homemade doughnuts from the Perry's. It was so great that it was nice enough outside to not have to wear jackets, but it did rain on them a bit. The end of Sara's tail was fluffy and white when she left and wet and gray when they got home. To end the day, we had some family visitors come over and we hung out for awhile. It was a fun day, but boy am I glad it's over!!





12 comments:
Hey Veena! It's so fun to be able to look at your blog and see what's been going on now that we don't live there! Your kid's are so cute! It looks like you had fun! Bridger wasn't having any of his costume either this year! o
well!
Your kids are hilarious.
Loved this post.
Love the girl with paint on her face.
Love the lion roaring.
Sara seems to have some pretty strong opinions. We have someone like that in our family, too... she insisted on keeping her pumpkin inside to play with until we finally got around to carving it the day before Halloween. I love that picture of Sara sitting on the hay! And Aaron's pout in his picture with the pumpkins. All in all, some classic moments.
Oh, and I like your new background. Cute!
Oh my gosh! Your little man is so dang cute!
Sara is a great kitty! I can't believe how big she is!
What a fun Halloween!
Very cute Veen--tell Sara I'd like her to come give me a makeover sometime. :) And don't you love the pictures that you HAVE to take--even when they cry or put things in front of their face over and over (Taj)?
So cute!
Aaron's Lion picture is AWESOME!
I think I need to teach little Sarah a bit about make up :-)
Was that really his 1st lollipop? Really? I am a horrible mother! I think my kids had suckers before real food! You are a good mom Veena! Super cute kids! Glad you had a good Halloweeen! I'm glad it's over too!
Sara is so funny! She is too dang smart! Your going to be in trouble the older and smarter she gets!lol Aaron is an adorable roaring lion!! :)
Of course you have to post Halloween! That was the biggest ROAR iv'e ever seen! HAHAHAHA Love it. Thanks for sharing!
You follower you... Just kidding.. I am glad that you put up the pics of your cute kids.. I showed the Lion roar to El, and he thought it was great!!
I love the pic of Sara in the bathroom. That is priceless! All of the pics are so cute. The kids looks great in their csotumes. You did a lot of fun things for October!
Post a Comment