Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Six Random Things About Me

I was tagged awhile back by Cheri and now I'm finally getting my sorry butt around to doing it.

1. I wear the same pair of earrings everyday. Ever since I first saw the movie "Some Kind of Wonderful" I wanted a pair of diamond stud earrings and asked for them for every birthday and Christmas. A couple of years ago Than bought them for me and I love them!! He thought he lost them right after he bought them and almost had a heart attack. But they were found and now they can be found on my ears everyday.

2. My favorite color is orange. I think it is such a bright and happy color. We have orange pillows, orange blankets, an orange mixer, orange vases, orange candles, and an orange wall in the kitchen. I have too many orange shirts, 5 pairs of orange socks, and 1 darling orange paperweight that looks like an orange.

3. I love reading magazines. My favorites are home decorating and scrapbooking magazines. I used to be real bad and buy one practically every time that I went to the grocery store. Now I'm much better and only get one every other month or so. It would be so much cheaper if I just got a subscription to one.

4. I can't wink, whistle, or snap. Whenever I tell people this something in their brain clicks and says, "Hey I can be the one to teach her." I don't know why they think this because if I haven't been able to these things in 30+ years, why would I be able to learn in just a few short minutes? So if you see me, don't think you can try to teach me. I'm hopeless!

5. I think Ricky Martin and Shakira are awesome. I went on a Spanish-speaking mission to SoCal back in 1998 to 1999 where everyone was listening to them. When I got home, one of the first things I did was buy a Shakira CD. Then a couple years later I met Than who just got home from Venezuela and he loved Shakira too!! Now as a family we own every Shakira CD and Sara can spot a Shakira song within a few notes. When we clean the house on Saturdays, you can bet that some Spanish music will be playing.

6. I wish I were a crafty person. I dabble in scrapbooking, but I wouldn't call myself a scrapbooker. And I'm really good at spotting craftiness in other people. I always see things that people make and think that I could make that only if . . . . . . I wish I could take a crafty class and learn how to sew and paint and make lots of cute stuff.

And that's the end. It was actually pretty hard for me to think of 6 things. I think officially I'm supposed to tag 6 people, but I don't like doing that.

5 comments:

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

I love Some Kind of Wonderful! And I also love my diamond studs, but let's get serious, mine are diamonique from QVC--which I love all the more!

Keith and Allie said...

I think you are super crafty Veena! I remember scrapbooking with you on more than one occasion & your pages were always cuter than mine! :)

Leslie said...

Get magazine subscriptions! My Better Homes and Gardens subscription is only $20 for 24 issues. Well worth the money!

Amy said...

You and Dallin both love Orange, woo hoo! And Shakira is awesome, I think you've inspired me to listen to her agian, it's been awhile. Loved all this Veena, can't wait to see you tonight!

Kariann said...

I'm not a very good crafty person either!! Now I must see your diamond earrings...I bet they are gorgeous! :)