
Today is Aaron's 1st birthday. I really can't believe that he is one year old. These past 12 months have flown by like no other year of my life. Back when Sara was a baby, the time went slowly. Or at least it went by like most other years. But I seem to have completely lost the last year. I simply don't know where it went.
Today Aaron woke me up at 2:30 in the morning. This was strange because he hasn't woken up in the middle of the night since he was 7 months old. I held him and cuddled with him for awhile and then put him back to bed. He fell back asleep and woke up again at 7. When I went to go get him I saw that his face was all covered in yucky gunk. You know that goo that comes out of a baby's nose and then looks like dried glue when it gets rubbed onto cheeks and eyebrows? So he's been a little sicky all day. Sara has been saying, "Poor Aaron, sick on his 1st birthday!!" We have been kickin it at home for most of the day and then this afternoon I had to help my sister by taking her to pick up her car from the dealer (it was getting preventative maintenance). He was pretty good for all of that and when we got home he took a nice, long nap. I made some Indian food for dinner--every baby's favorite, I know :) Aaron loved the food, but Sara thought it was grody. Then we had ice cream cones on the back patio. It was a nice end to the day. Now he's back to bed, and we (luckily) go to the doctor tomorrow for his 1-year check up. And on Saturday we're going to have a little shin-dig for family to celebrate his birthday. So I'll put up some more pictures then.
I just love this boy so much. I think he is the sweetest, happiest baby. He has the best laugh, too. Oh, I almost forgot--Aaron crawled across the living room today without flopping down on his tummy!!

Don't you think he's the cutest baby boy ever? Well, I do!
8 comments:
I seriously can't believe he is one already. I remember you bringing him to the reunion last year and he was seriously the tiniest little thing. What a cutie pie and I hope that he is not getting the crud that is going around. How do we get sick in the summer, it seriously isn't fair. Can't wait to see more pics of his party.
BTW- funny thing. So I have my kids in swim lessons and me and Mya are taking the mom and me class and you wouldn't believe who is our teacher. Yep, Kari Ann and she is adorable, way fun.
happy birthday baby boy!! he is sooo cute and sweet - i'm with you on the time thing, life is just flying by. i miss you - let's chat soon
he really is a darling little boy, Veena! he has the most expressive face. super cute. where does the time go?
He has such a cute smile! I hate when little ones are sick, it makes me so sad. I hope he gets better soon!
Sarah's so sweet for being concerned about his birthday and being sick. What a cute girl!
he is stinkin adorable! this year has gone by soooo fast. i remember seeing him for the first time at the family reunion and he was so small. now he is 1!!! and i am so sorry that he is sick. luckily he won't remember being sick on his first birthday. happy birthday aaron!!
What an adorable baby boy!! I can't believe he is one already! But then again, I can't believe Keeli is almost nine months old! Time goes by too fast!!
Veena, he is adorable! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE AARON!!!!! There's a shout out from the Cardona clan! For me it is one of the most depressing things ever that time goes by so quick. Then, they're 9! What!? Just squish him and squeeze him as often as you possibly can!
Happy Birthday Aaron! I can't believe he's growing up so fast! Come visit again soon!
Post a Comment