Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Big Day for 2 Kids

Today was Sara's first day back at preschool. Last year when she had her first day I felt like it was HUGE and that my little girl was getting so big. This year it just feels like another thing we do. Kind of weird. But I'm happy to get back to a routine and it's great for Sara to spend sometime out of the house and without me. She loved her teacher last year, so I hope she feels the same way about her new one.

I took the obligatory first day of school photos and this one was my favorite. She's at the stage where if the camera comes out she has to make some crazy (most often unflattering) face. When I snapped this one she was trying to look behind me as her neighbor-friend was talking to her.

check out her new 'do

And now for Aaron: He just turned 14 months old the other day, but he still seems like such a little baby to me. I think that he looks small for his age, even though he's sometimes bigger than other kids that are a few months older than him. He still has all that chubby babyness and that's probably because he's not walking. I used to be stressed that he seems to hit those baby "milestones" later than most kids, but now I take it in stride. Well, I think I take it in stride, but Than would probably disagree. Anyway, Aaron was born a whole month early, so he can take as long as he wants to turn into a toddler. And now back to today. This afternoon while Aaron was supposed to be napping I heard some super-happy noises coming from his room. When I opened the door I found that he had pulled himself up to standing for the first time. And he was so proud of himself. I had to run and get the camera and he immediately began screaming, but lucky for me, he didn't plop down and had a huge smile on his face when I returned. Man, I love that kid so much!

He just melts my heart.

14 comments:

Angie said...

I am ready for my kids to start school. The only strange thing is Emer is starting this year..
Your kids are so cute!!!
And yes, you are funny!!!

Keith and Allie said...

Oh you're so lucky! Hannah doesn't start preschool for 2 weeks! Don't worry about little Aaron either...Nick didn't walk until he was 16 months! He's turned out fine and the thing about walking is that soon after they are running! :)

LisAway said...

Sara's hair is SUPER cute! So's the rest of her.

What a cutie that Aaron is, too. My Aaron is 16 months old now, and he didn't start walking until the end of his 14th month. I know how it feels. He also still refuses to eat cut up fresh fruit or cooked veggies, which makes my life pretty awful as far as trying to give him a balanced diet goes. Glad you're sortta not worrying about him. He's just fine!

Em said...

I love Aaron's big grin, and Sara's haircut is adorable!

Kariann said...

What cute pictures of both Sarah and Aaron!! You really do have adorable kids, you're going to be in big trouble during the teenage years!! :)

Princess Gerty said...

What cute kids! Way to go reaching those milestones! Keep enjoying every minute!

k.young said...

How cute! Sarah is so cute and her new hair do is adorable.
And Aaron is such an adorable little man. Keelia hits milestones later than everyone else too. She is just her own person. And I say it is better when they aren't walking anyway. Once they walk, there is no stopping them!! :)

Diahan said...

So dang cute!!

Belkycita said...

Veena! mom gave me your blog address, I hope you don't mind checking on your cute little ones all the time :-) you are welcome to check ours, just clock on my name.
Sara looks so grown up, Love the haircut!
Aaron, did you know this is the first picture I've seen of him? I kept asking mom and she just forgets. He is so cute, I love the smile.
Say hi to Than from me and asking what he wants from Venezuela, we're going in November.

condiefamily said...

Hello! I just found you via Allison Ward and Jamie Austins blogs! Good to see your beautiful kids. Wow! I love that you do this crazy blog thing too. Our blog address is condiefam.blogspot.com

Alison Ward said...

Veena! I love Sara's haircut, so grown up looking! Maci has the same one actually, very easy to take care of ;) Gavin didn't walk till 17 mo, and he's turned out ok so far, so you're in good company it looks like. and Long butter rules!

Jen said...

I love Sarah's haircut. It makes her look like such a big girl though. They grow up too fast.

Amy said...

Oh so sweet that little Sara started school, look how big she looks. Your kids are beautiful Veena. Hope things are going good.

Andrea said...

THIS is why I love blogging!! I love reconnecting--and I lOVE Veena Shukla!! Your family looks adorable. Can I link ya to my blog??

P.S. I thought Jacob was whiny and I didn't care for the last book--look forward to the movie, though!!